- Austin SAHDS was formed in April, 2003.
- We are a group of Dads in the Austin, Texas area who are taking care of our kids and looking for both adult and child interaction.
- Our kids are from 1 month to 5 years old.
- Currently we have five scheduled playdates each week, and a weekly hike on Town Lake.
- Once a month we have a “Dad’s Night Out”.
- Our current roster includes about 100 members and growing each month!
- We’re looking to get the word out, so please forward this webpage on to any SAHDs you may know.
- We welcome expecting Dads to join our group. We’ll be more than eager to help you prepare for your new family member!
Interested in joining Austin Stay @ Home Dads?
We use Austin-SAHDs (a Yahoo Group) for all our communications. Visit our group and request membership if you’d like to join (you must be a stay-at-home Dad and live with your kids in the Austin area). You’ll need to get a Yahoo ID to do this.
You’ll be asked to post a short biography to the list once your membership is approved. Be sure to do so; you’ll be kicked out of the group if you don’t!